Why Do I Do This?
Your health and wellbeing are immensely important to me. I am passionate about empowering you to take responsibility for your own health and wellbeing to help prevent disease.
You may hear people say when discussing health that ‘we don’t know what the future holds’ and there is an element of truth in this. But what if we can optimise our chance of good health by changing our lifestyle including diet and addressing our emotions? Wouldn’t that be great?
Why did I become a Nutritional Therapist?
I faced my own health challenge some years back, which inspired me to study Nutritional Therapy, as I experienced how eating nutritious foods and taking appropriate supplements can have a massive, positive impact on health. It changed my life and empowered me to take some control over my own health. I was trained using the Functional Medicine approach, which addresses the underlying cause rather than just treating symptoms. It takes a holistic approach to health by addressing both the emotional and the physical. This was my ‘light bulb’ moment – as much as nutrition helped me, there was still a ‘missing piece of the jigsaw’ regarding my own health. I discovered that it was how I viewed life and the fact that I hadn’t addressed the things that were causing me stress.
Why did I become a Wellbeing Coach?
I experienced the power of Wellbeing Coaching myself and came to understand how the things like lifestyle, life purpose and emotional health have a huge impact on our wellbeing. Stress affects our diet, sleep patterns, concentration, motivation and compromises our immune system making us more susceptible to illness – the list goes on. Stress factors will always be there in our lives, but I will show you, as I learned, how to change the things that you can and how to accept and cope with the challenges that you can’t and how to determine the difference. I will show you how to live authentically.
Why did I become a Chrysalis Effect Practitioner?
My passion for helping people who are suffering with Chronic Fatigue (CFS), ME or Fibromyalgia started when a family member became affected. I saw first hand the struggles and day-to-day challenges of living with a chronic exhaustive condition – it’s scary. I understand the impact it can have on you. When I first heard of the Chrysalis Effect, I instantly knew it was something that I wanted to be a part of as I saw how it changed lives. I met countless people with CFS, ME or Fibromyalgia who benefitted from this programme and ‘came out the other side’ with renewed energy and purpose and no longer fearful of the future. So, I undertook extensive training to be part of this amazing family of practitioners and recoverers. I’ve seen these people blossom and live a life, which at one stage they didn’t think was possible to have.
Why work with me?
I will work with you holistically – mind, body and spirit. I treat you as an individual and the unique person you are because what may work for someone else may not be ideal for you – so together we will ensure you get exactly what you need.
It’s not just a job for me, it’s a life purpose – I care about your health and wellbeing. I believe that everyone should have the opportunity to live the best life they possibly can. My mission is to support you, be your number one cheerleader and to help you live the life you want and deserve.
That’s my story – what’s yours?
THE TRIVIAL STUFF
- I am an obsessive reader and see TV adverts as a opportunity to pick up a book again
- I love watching tennis, cricket and live music
- I can’t eat off a tray when the pattern is upside down – well, as I said, we’re all unique!
- One day I will eventually get round to learning the saxophone
- I am a Naturopathic Nutritional Therapist having completed three year’s training at the College of Naturopathic Medicine (CNM) in London
- I am a member of BANT (British Association for Nutrition and Lifestyle Medicine) and registered with the CNHC (Complementary & Natural Healthcare Council), a government-appointed accrediting body that ensures all registrants are bound by the highest standards of conduct
- I am an ILM Accredited Wellbeing Coach
- I am an Accredited Chrysalis Effect Practitioner and I have a special interest in Chronic Fatigue, ME and Fibromyalgia
- I regularly attend lectures and seminars in order to keep up to date with ever changing nutrition research and practice
Why you should choose a BANT practitioner
Take your first step today towards changing your life
I offer an initial FREE 30-minute, no obligation Discovery Call to get to know you better, listen to your concerns and explain how I can help you. What have you got to lose?